Director, UX Research応募後で応募 Job ID 983176BR 勤務地－都市 ニューヨーク, ニューヨーク州, アメリカ合衆国 / サンタモニカ, カリフォルニア州, アメリカ合衆国 勤務地－国 Disney Streaming 掲載日 Jun. 07, 2022 柔軟な働き方の種類 ハイブリッド
In this role you will manage and grow the Disney+ UXR team while also helping our partners in product and design understand, envision, and implement human centered experience strategies for Disney+ launches, incremental improvement and innovation worldwide. You will lead the team through research methods spanning from ambiguous and strategic to tactical and evaluative. Your team will apply human centered approaches to understand the landscape of needs driving our viewers, be the tip of the spear to wayfind through potential innovation opportunities with strategic research and collaborative ideation, and communicate a strategic vision for subsequent design and development efforts.
If you are passionate about empowering teams and embedding just a little bit of research DNA into the hearts and minds of your partners across Product and Design, this may be the perfect role for you.
This is a full-time position located in either NYC, SF, Glendale, Burbank or Seattle. While we have embraced a flexible working arrangement and our teams are currently working from home, we expect candidates for this role to be based on location once we are all back in the office physically.
- Managing researchers and strategists from a diverse spectrum of skills and career paths
- Collaborating with senior UXR and Design leadership to define and support the team mission and goals while supporting the mentoring and development of direct reports
- Leading innovation strategy with insights-based frameworks that inspire new feature innovation as well as incremental improvements
- Demonstrating human centered leadership for your team through direction, delegation, and as a hands-on practitioner working directly with our cross functional partners.
- Guide project teams in the execution of experience research to discover JTBD (emotional and functional), pain points, and mental models impacting behavior and translate findings into new innovation opportunities and incremental improvements for Disney+.
- Create a culture of innovative thinking and strategic mindsets across Disney Streaming; position UXR as a strategic leader.
- Build, maintain and leverage strategic insight frameworks that uncover, demonstrate and quantify opportunity gaps and pain points in our viewer experience, and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to define and articulate new experiences.
- Evangelize inclusive experience strategy and codesign methods to ensure we are creating viewing experiences that don’t force our viewers to adapt to an experience that hasn’t been designed with them in mind.
- Command of advanced storytelling techniques to coach researchers to present complex mixed methods research findings so that it is easy to grasp and easily actionable for the audience, from the most junior UX Designer to the most senior C-Suite individuals. In addition, demonstrate internal and external thought leadership in talks across the DMED organization, TWDC, and at external events.
- Coordinating with Design, UX Research Operations and Product Peers to Envision and Prioritize work for the Disney+ UXR team.
- Coordinating UXR activities, managing team resourcing, internal and external communication with product & design teams and general UXR project management
- Create fun and engaging ways to bring your team together both during and post-pandemic.
- Cognitive Science, Research & Strategy, Anthropology or related field
- At least 7 years of experience in managing research teams at a program level with cross functional teams
- At least 10 years of professional experience
- Excellent facilitation skills, and the ability to lead, influence, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, collaborate to solve problems, clearly present ideas and solutions, and keep colleagues and stakeholders informed.
- Ability to act as a user and viewer experience champion and evangelist, both internally and externally.
- Experience applying Design Thinking to ambiguous situations, digital and non-digital, to frame problems and opportunities, and to work cross functionally toward their solutions.
- Experience managing a team of UX research strategy and/or UX research practitioners with proven ability to empower aligned and autonomous teams.
- A resilient and tenacious growth mindset and flexible optimism that leans toward adaptability and collaboration, allowing you to thrive in ambiguous environments
- Ability to coach researchers to clearly articulate the connection from research insights to actionable design strategy decisions through storytelling and effective research strategy presentations.
- Command of a variety of research and experience strategy methodologies including: alignment workshops, stakeholder interviews, ethnographic interviews, ethnography, codesign, affinity mapping, contextual inquiry, diary studies, qualitative and quantitative concept testing, benchmarking/competitive analysis, usability, strategic frameworking, persona/profile development and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Basic research strategy methods such as: persona development, ecosystem & journey mapping, service design blueprinting, jobs to be done, and various value proposition testing methods.
- The rigor to guide researchers to apply the right research at the right time for the right problems.
- Ability to guide researchers to clearly draw and articulate the line from research insights to actionable design & strategy decisions through storytelling and effective human centered presentations.
- Ability to deliver high quality user research solutions in an environment with frequently shifting priorities and new market opportunities.
- Ability to guide the design process through ideation workshops, and other collaborative working sessions, and to impart these skills to your team.
- Proven experience as a collaborator, connector and relationship-builder
- A true passion to “give your work away” and share your research knowledge across the Disney Streaming organization
- 10+ years of research team management
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Cognitive Science, Research & Strategy, Anthropology or related field
望ましい学歴Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Sociology,
Disney Streaming について:
Disney Media&Entertainment Distribution (DMED)は、国際的な事業部門とさまざまな消費者向けストリーミングサービスで構成されており、テクノロジー、メディア配信、広告販売を単一の事業セグメントに統括し、世界中の消費者一人ひとりに応じたエンターテインメント体験を創出・配信しています。
The Walt Disney Company について:
The Walt Disney Companyおよびその子会社・関連会社は、メディア・ネットワーク、パーク＆リゾート、スタジオ・エンターテイメント、コンシューマ・プロダクツ、インタラクティブ・メディア事業を扱う、多角化したファミリー向けエンターテイメントとメディアのグローバルカンパニーです。1920年代に小さなアニメーション・スタジオとしてスタートしたディズニーは、今日のエンターテイメント業界において世界中の人々に愛される存在となりました。今後もお客様一人ひとりに最上のストーリーと体験を提供できるような作品作りを継承し、40カ国以上で従業員とキャストメンバーが一丸となり、ディズニーエンターテイメント体験を創出していきます。
このポジションは Disney Streaming Services LLC という事業部門の一つである Disney Streamingでのお仕事です。
Disney Streaming Services LLC は雇用において均等な機会を提供しています。人種、肌の色、宗教、性別、国籍、性的指向、性自認、障害、又は保護を受けている退役軍人であるという立場に関わらず、応募者を選考します。Disneyは、企業が成長し、革新を生み、最高のストーリーを創出し、急速に変化する世界に対応できるよう、あらゆる人のアイデアや決定を尊重する企業文化を育みます。