Production Manager - Expression of Interest Vancouver, BC応募後で応募 Job ID oCnHcfwC 勤務地－都市 バンクーバー, ブリティッシュコロンビア州, カナダ 勤務地－国 Industrial Light & Magic 掲載日 Jun. 29, 2021
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Show Production Managers 'PMs' work in tandem with a VFX Producer on a project. The PM functions as the Producer’s “right hand”, stepping up to support Producer duties as required and keeping a direct line of communication with the VFX Producer (and/or Executive in Charge of Production) on all aspects of the show. The PM reports to the VFX Show Producer on a daily basis for show specific tasks. The PM reports to the Senior Talent Manager for larger career development, compensation, etc.
What You'll Do
- Under direction of VFX Producer, work closely with CG Talent managers on day-to-day crew needs as required.
- In collaboration with Producer and Supervisors, create overall show asset and shot schedule across all disciplines and capitalizing on external vendors, using ILM’s best practices for scheduling. Oversee implementation of schedule by guiding and directing coordinators, Supervisors and leads as needed.
- Acts as liaison between client side Production team and ILM Production team.
- In conjunction with Producer, manage the production crew on a daily basis including directing Associate Production Managers, Coordinators and Production Assistants to ensure all show needs are met.
- Partner with Producer in overseeing roles/responsibilities for APMs, Productions Coordinators and Production Assistants.
- With input from Supervisors and VFX Producer, proactively identify and plan for work to be outsourced. Help identify vendors appropriate for body of work. Prepare vendor bidding packages, contribute to vendor cost analysis and weekly cost reporting as needed.
- Proactively problem-solve and raise concerns in all aspects of vendor relations.
- Assist as liaison with vendors for technical and creative issues that arise to ensure work stays on schedule and optimal workflow is adhered to.
- In partnership with VFX Supervisor and CG Supervisor, facilitate overall setup of Project (“Show”) pipeline and toolsets.
- Evaluate and learn individual artist strengths; help develop cross utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow.
- Manage communication between other ILM global sites.
- If no Associate Producer is crewed to the project, act as default leader when Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged, and is responsible for directing ‘2nd lieutenant’ level duties with the production crew.
- If no Associate Producer is crewed to the project, run bid meetings as needed. Budgeting may or may not be required, and would be left to the discretion of the Producer. In partnership with Producer, check EFC to make sure work is on budget.
- Manage client contact when Producer is absent or unavailable, if no Associate Producer is crewed to the project.
- Supervise, delegate to, and consult on creation of training plan for Production Coordinator(s) and Production Assistant(s).
- Travel for client meetings and/or plate shoots as needed.
- Special projects as requested.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 7 years minimum work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX required. Familiarity with Google Workspace.
- This position may require daily overtime and some Saturday work.
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Strong scheduling experience required.
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
Industrial Light & Magic について:
The Walt Disney Company について:
The Walt Disney Companyおよびその子会社・関連会社は、メディア・ネットワーク、パーク＆リゾート、スタジオ・エンターテイメント、コンシューマ・プロダクツ、インタラクティブ・メディア事業を扱う、多角化したファミリー向けエンターテイメントとメディアのグローバルカンパニーです。1920年代に小さなアニメーション・スタジオとしてスタートしたディズニーは、今日のエンターテイメント業界において世界中の人々に愛される存在となりました。今後もお客様一人ひとりに最上のストーリーと体験を提供できるような作品作りを継承し、40カ国以上で従業員とキャストメンバーが一丸となり、ディズニーエンターテイメント体験を創出していきます。