Software Engineer II - Frontend Web and Experience応募後で応募 Job ID 10007542 勤務地－都市 ブリストル, コネチカット州, アメリカ合衆国 / Town of Bristol, コネチカット州, アメリカ合衆国 勤務地－国 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution 掲載日 2022/08/15 柔軟な働き方の種類 ハイブリッド
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ HotStar, as well as domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
This role is a part of the Software Solutions Engineering team within the DMED Content Platforms team, which is at the center of our Company’s Direct-to-Consumer transformation: responsible for reimagining, building, and advancing the global Media Supply Chain platform - a complex ecosystem of technologies, world-class experiences, tools, and processes that enable Disney to distribute and monetize its unmatched collection of content.
We strive to be a diverse team, passionate about great technology applied creatively to solve complex business problems. We are a motivated team that is committed to lifelong learning and improving, both in and out of the office. We strive to be flexible and adaptable to change both in how we execute projects and in the technologies we use to deliver our solutions. We care about the details because every pixel, every line of code, and every user interaction with our products determines whether we are delivering on our commitment to produce the very best products possible. You’ll be joining a talented team that works interdependently toward aggressive goals to deliver technically sound solutions. We work to ensure that we share both accountability and credit as a team. We often include our users as part of our team and we work to connect with them on a human level, understanding their world, so we can deliver software that they love to use.
As a Software Engineer, you will focus on engineering beautiful user interfaces and interactions. You will use your deep UI engineering and creative skills to take an influential role in iterating and continuously deploying new features, functionality, and products to our customers. You will be an important part of a lean/agile and automation culture where you will collaborate with the backend and product teams to deliver features, champion UI code quality, and to build optimized experiences for our end-users. We want someone that has grown up through the web software development ranks - possessing 2-4 years experience in designing and architecting highly scalable and performant web applications while doing highly creative, detail oriented front-end web development.
While The Walt Disney Company is a large company, ideally, we’d like if you have some previous experience in a U.S. startup environment and be comfortable performing multiple roles. We strive to get things done quickly, at high quality, and we are committed to the agile methodology. Our work is guided by lean principles (looking at value and looking for waste; not doing anything ‘for the sake of doing it’).
We’re looking for a passionate, impactful, technologist who wants to come here to do their very best work and make their mark, add their chapter to the long and storied history of The Walt Disney Company. Someone who holds themselves and their teammates accountable in a professional, collaborative manner. A collaborative technologist who seeks to bring the best out in themselves and those around them. Someone who can provide a fresh perspective and innovative insight to our initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Provide hands on UI engineering contributions across various product teams
- Collaborate with other engineers and leads to build cloud native and service-oriented UI components and applications
- Collaborate with team and peers to design complex applications, peer review code, and suggest optimization
- Enable continuous deployment by championing quality engineering practices: linting, unit testing, web UI testing, pipeline automation
- Reason logically and creatively, identifying problems, drawing valid conclusions from the data available, and develop effective solutions while applying creative thinking in the design and development of high performing web applications
- Collaborate with and influence product teams to build and maintain design system standards, processes, and adoption
- Check-in valuable, clean code on a daily basis that adds new features and capabilities
- Create reference implementations for the purpose of mentoring and leading more junior staff (when required)
- Investigate and resolve any production issues and write tests to future-proof features
- Work with project managers to ensure that all project deliverables are on time and high quality
- Assist in rapid prototyping of design concepts in order to prove and test ideas with end-users
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field
- Have 2-4 years of experience in web application development or software engineering in a large enterprise environment using modern frameworks
- Have proficiency with supportive tooling: Redux, Webpack, Babel, TypeScript, SCSS, etc.
- Have proficiency using Git in a collaborative team
- Have experience with automated testing: Jest or Mocha, Selenium, etc.
- Have experience with frontend security using oAuth 2.0/JWT patterns.
- Have experience using standard DevOps toolsets: AWS, GitLab CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes/Helm
- Have a strong understanding of (and be opinionated about) browsers, devices, OS, and other user agent interoperability and compatibility concerns
- Have experience working with high-performing teams using Agile and Lean methodologies and frameworks
- Be a perfectionist who makes sure every pixel is in the right place
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Care about your craft and have opinions about the “right” way to do things with technology
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution について:
Disney Media&Entertainment Distribution (DMED)は、国際的な事業部門とさまざまな消費者向けストリーミングサービスで構成されており、テクノロジー、メディア配信、広告販売を単一の事業セグメントに統括し、世界中の消費者一人ひとりに応じたエンターテインメント体験を創出・配信しています。
The Walt Disney Company について:
The Walt Disney Companyおよびその子会社・関連会社は、メディア・ネットワーク、パーク＆リゾート、スタジオ・エンターテイメント、コンシューマ・プロダクツ、インタラクティブ・メディア事業を扱う、多角化したファミリー向けエンターテイメントとメディアのグローバルカンパニーです。1920年代に小さなアニメーション・スタジオとしてスタートしたディズニーは、今日のエンターテイメント業界において世界中の人々に愛される存在となりました。今後もお客様一人ひとりに最上のストーリーと体験を提供できるような作品作りを継承し、40カ国以上で従業員とキャストメンバーが一丸となり、ディズニーエンターテイメント体験を創出していきます。
このポジションは Disney Streaming Technology LLC という事業部門の一つである Disney Media & Entertainment Distributionでのお仕事です。
Disney Streaming Technology LLC は雇用において均等な機会を提供しています。人種、肌の色、宗教、性別、国籍、性的指向、性自認、障害、又は保護を受けている退役軍人であるという立場に関わらず、応募者を選考します。Disneyは、企業が成長し、革新を生み、最高のストーリーを創出し、急速に変化する世界に対応できるよう、あらゆる人のアイデアや決定を尊重する企業文化を育みます。