Spanish Language Sports Content Researcher (Part-Time)応募後で応募 Job ID 10022988 勤務地－都市 ブリストル, コネチカット州, アメリカ合衆国 / Town of Bristol, コネチカット州, アメリカ合衆国 勤務地－国 ESPN 掲載日 2022/10/04 柔軟な働き方の種類 オンサイト
Position Summary: (required)
You have a head for stats, an eye for a great story, and the range as a writer to be creative and succinct -- and your passion for sports is the beating heart that fuels it all. This is the type of person who thrives as a Spanish Language Sports Content Researcher in the Stats & Information Group at ESPN.
Our mission is simple to define but incredibly complex to deliver: Provide ESPN’s television, audio, digital and social media platforms with statistics, context and historical perspectives that make our sports coverage as interesting to the sports fanatic as it is understandable to the casual observer. It’s no easy feat, but we do it 24/7, and we think we do it better than anyone else. If this sounds like you and you’re up for the challenge, please apply today!
Ok, it’s true: You’re in the office on Super Bowl Sunday. And for the NFL Draft. And the NFL schedule release. But the office is ESPN’s headquarters in Bristol, CT, and you’re surrounded by people who share your passion. As part of the Stats & Information Group, you’re a member of a tight squad of like-minded professionals who feed an endless flow of differentiating content that lands across ESPN platforms. Sports Content Researchers & Editors tap their existing reservoirs of knowledge and use SIG’s vast resources – including access to world-class advanced metrics -- to hone in on the why and how of the sporting events that are most important to ESPN and sports fans. The NFL, college football, NBA, NHL and college basketball are constants, as are MLB, UFC/Boxing, MLS and much more.
Many people say this, but in the Stats & Information Group it really is true: Sports news is constantly, so no two days are the same. On any given day or night, you might:
- Create original full-screen graphics and anchor lead-ins for live shows such as Sports Center, using research you’ve done and copy you’ve written;
- Post the most relevant news on the BottomLine – from Breaking News alerts to in-depth coverage and putting complex news stories into context;
- Put your deep knowledge to work to create game previews for shows like NFL Live that are informative, factually accurate and unique enough that even die-hard sports fans really learn something;
- Collaborate with colleagues for every element of a studio show, from unearthing little-known facts to quickly bringing up relevant stats when things like trades, coaching changes or injuries are announced;
- Provide real-time updates for anchors and announcers while they are on the air;
- Flex your storytelling muscles by developing interesting segments, and help your Stats & Information Group team members flesh out their own ideas;
- ESPN is known for its cutting-edge graphics, and you will be one of the people that develops visually appealing, factually revealing visuals for our TV and digital feeds;
- Drop everything when news breaks and use your deep knowledge of advanced metrics, analytics and research tools to create supporting content, often with a deadline of minutes or seconds!
Working in the Stats & Information Group also means you:
- Work a schedule that will vary by month and/or season -- you’ll also get to dive deeply into sports you love the most and work alongside people who share your passion;
- Experience professional growth and development – in addition to on-boarding and training and coaching that is a constant, you’ll meet with your supervisor formally twice a month and receive quarterly performance updates.
- 1 year of related experience in sports, statistics, research or a related field
- Elite Spanish-language writing and grammar skills. Fluency in reading, speaking, writing and translating Spanish and English.
- The ability to quickly and accurately translate content from Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
- Possess significant, broad-based sports knowledge of a variety of sports especially Mexican and international soccer. Must have demonstrated the ability to make editorial decisions that serve the fan.
- Full availability for this position to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Broad knowledge of most sports and deep knowledge of several, including expert-level recall of current/historical sports statistics, milestones, news, and events
- Elite writing and grammar skills. Must have aptitude to research, write air-ready scripts for BottomLine as well as Event and Studio productions
- Must be able to communicate information accurately
- Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines and react to breaking news
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with statistics in an online, television or print media environment
- Demonstrated track-record training others and/or managing team-based projects
Required Education (required)
High School diploma or equivalent
College degree or equivalent
Additional Information: (i.e. physical requirements, holiday, nights, weekend shifts, etc.)
This arm of the Stats & Information Group is 24/7. Position shift times include early mornings and late nights – and everything in between – as well as shifts on weekends and holidays.
The Walt Disney Company について:
The Walt Disney Companyおよびその子会社・関連会社は、メディア・ネットワーク、パーク＆リゾート、スタジオ・エンターテイメント、コンシューマ・プロダクツ、インタラクティブ・メディア事業を扱う、多角化したファミリー向けエンターテイメントとメディアのグローバルカンパニーです。1920年代に小さなアニメーション・スタジオとしてスタートしたディズニーは、今日のエンターテイメント業界において世界中の人々に愛される存在となりました。今後もお客様一人ひとりに最上のストーリーと体験を提供できるような作品作りを継承し、40カ国以上で従業員とキャストメンバーが一丸となり、ディズニーエンターテイメント体験を創出していきます。
このポジションは ESPN Productions, Inc という事業部門の一つである ESPNでのお仕事です。
ESPN Productions, Inc は雇用において均等な機会を提供しています。人種、肌の色、宗教、性別、国籍、性的指向、性自認、障害、又は保護を受けている退役軍人であるという立場に関わらず、応募者を選考します。Disneyは、企業が成長し、革新を生み、最高のストーリーを創出し、急速に変化する世界に対応できるよう、あらゆる人のアイデアや決定を尊重する企業文化を育みます。