Sr. Media Systems Engineer応募後で応募 Job ID 10032498 勤務地－都市 ザ・ウッドランズ, テキサス州, アメリカ合衆国 勤務地－国 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution 掲載日 2023/03/28
Be involved in designing state of the art broadcast facilities for a global company that is at the forefront of technology. In this position, special emphasis is placed on design and implementation of all of DMED’s content acquisition, origination and distribution systems. A Senior Systems Engineer is an experienced broadcast/IT professional who designs and documents upgrades and changes DMED’s daily Multi-Platform content systems. This person is also responsible for new system designs and implementation of such systems. This includes specifying the hardware and software to meet the production department’s needs as well as managing the roll out of new equipment and systems.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of DMED’s content creation, distribution and related facilities. The scope of which will include core routing, intercom, playout and distribution systems, new equipment or equipment upgrades, facility relocation, and facility redesign
- Take lead role in facility design, layout, evaluation of equipment alternatives, and equipment selection and configuration.
- Implement solutions for content creation, manipulation, encoding/transcoding and distribution. This may include non-linear edit systems, video servers, storage solutions, file acquisition, file transcode, file transfer, media asset management and automation systems.
- Plays a lead role in equipment procurement, including specification development, capital budget conformance, and technical specification verification
- Oversees and coordinates the construction of facilities and the installation of new equipment, including collaborating closely with installation engineers, equipment manufacturers and vendors, installation service contractors, electronic maintenance engineers, technical operations staff, and others involved in the projects.
- Monitors facility/equipment manufacturers and vendors to ensure compliance with design specifications and contractual agreements
- Monitors project progress and takes corrective action as necessary to keep projects on track
- Ensures that completed facilities and installed equipment meet industry specifications and operate as intended.
- Assists Support, Technical and Transmission operations departments in developing training programs for people who will be operating the new facilities and help resolve complex technical issues and problems.
- Collaborates closely with DMED and Operations’ management and key staff to assess facility needs
- Develops project plans, schedules, and budgets
- Collaborates closely with equipment manufacturers and vendors to understand the range of equipment that might be relevant to DTCI’s broadcasting facilities and operations
- Communicates with system design engineers to understand the requirements of selected hardware platforms
- Maintains relationships with other technical DMED Operations groups
- Maintains and builds new vendor relationships
- Provides project status updates to stakeholders and management
- Gathers, organizes and updates requirements of assigned tasks and projects.
- Presents solutions to peers, Technology management and customers.
- 5+ years of experience in television broadcast engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to Electrical or Broadcast Engineering, or Computer Science OR equivalent relevant experience in broadcast facilities design and documentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of television broadcast and transmission best practices
- Demonstrated experience in building solutions for problems of sizeable scope and complexity that have been successfully deployed to customers/users
- Demonstrated experience in influencing and driving best practices within their team
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP, SSL, and SNMP.
- Knowledge of file transfer acceleration technologies and techniques. Understanding of video audio/video encoding/transcoding techniques and formats.
See our state-of-the art broadcast facility HERE!
The Walt Disney Company について:
The Walt Disney Companyおよびその子会社・関連会社は、世界をけん引する多様性に溢れた、ファミリー向けエンターテインメントとメディアの国際企業です。当社は、Disney Entertainment、ESPN、Disney Parks, Experiences and Productsを主要ビジネスセグメントとしています。1920年代に小さなアニメ・スタジオとしてスタートしたDisneyは、今日のエンターテインメント業界において卓越した存在となりました。Disneyは今後もご家族の一人一人に一流の物語と体験を提供できるような作品作りを継承していきます。Disneyのストーリーやキャラクター、体験は、世界中のあらゆる場所の消費者やお客様に届けられています。当社は40カ国以上で、従業員とキャストメンバーが一丸となり、世界的にも地域的にも歓迎されるエンターテインメント体験を創出しています。
このポジションは Disney Streaming Technology LLC という事業部門の一つである Disney Media & Entertainment Distributionでのお仕事です。
Disney Streaming Technology LLC は雇用において均等な機会を提供しています。人種、肌の色、宗教、性別、国籍、性的指向、性自認、障害、又は保護を受けている退役軍人であるという立場に関わらず、応募者を選考します。Disneyは、企業が成長し、革新を生み、最高のストーリーを創出し、急速に変化する世界に対応できるよう、あらゆる人のアイデアや決定を尊重する企業文化を育みます。