Sr Software Engineer応募後で応募 Job ID 7122553720220515 勤務地－都市 ブリストル, コネチカット州, アメリカ合衆国 / アトランタ, ジョージア州, アメリカ合衆国 / Town of Bristol, コネチカット州, アメリカ合衆国 勤務地－国 Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution 掲載日 2022/08/10 柔軟な働き方の種類 ハイブリッド
Ever wonder how the innovative storytelling from the world’s most beloved brands – Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, ESPN, 20th Century, National Geographic, FX, Freeform, Disney Channels, ABC, and more -- makes it to viewers around the globe and beyond (yes, we also deliver content to the International Space Station)? Come join our growing team that builds global products, platforms and tools that deliver and monetize our company's unmatched collection of content, power our businesses and reflect the company's innovative spirit.
We are the Content Platforms team with a mission to “reimagine the technical ecosystem that empowers The Walt Disney Company to harness its unparalleled storytelling and distribute it around the world.” Content Platforms is part of the Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment which is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; Disney+, the Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; global advertising sales and ad technology for all of Disney’s media properties, including ABC, ESPN, Freeform, FX Networks, National Geographic and the Disney Channels; Hotstar, the leading over-the-top streaming service in India; and the Company’s majority ownership stake in Hulu.
- Enjoy working with teams of talented and passionate people
- Have excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Have the curiosity and interests in how content goes from inception to consumers
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Enjoy transforming business strategy into innovative products & platforms
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Love working in a startup culture
- Find Media & Entertainment industry fascinating
then Content Platforms team is the place for you. We are growing and investing in innovative technology to deliver a state-of-the-art content pipeline. Come be a part of the magic that makes The Walt Disney Company one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies”.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will use your deep coding, DevOps, and data skills to write and test code that delivers new features for our application portfolio. You will be an important part of a motivated team that collaborates to drive application architecture, code quality, and ensure that we are building the right things for our users. The ideal candidate would possess deep skills in both server and client-side technology (Java, Node, RESTful Web Services), have cloud experience (Amazon Web Services preferred), while having worked with orchestration and containerization platforms (Serverless, Docker, Kubernetes), coupled with hands-on experience in data persistence and streaming technologies (Postgres, Redis, Kafka).
While The Walt Disney Company is a large company, ideally you have some previous experience in a startup environment and be comfortable performing multiple roles. We strive to get things done quickly, with high quality, and we are committed to the agile methodology. Our work is guided by lean principles (looking at value and looking for waste; not doing anything ‘for the sake of doing it’).
As a valued technical member of this agile team, you will work closely with other Software Engineers, Systems Engineers, Product Owners, Project Management, and other technical and business Stakeholders to plan, design, prototype, develop, test, deploy and support existing and new efficient and automated workflows geared toward a lean, fast-paced media supply chain. You will collaborate across the DMED organization to create POCs (Proof of Concept), drive automation, and create a service-based architecture in the pursuit of reimagining and pushing the traditional boundaries of media services, asset transport, and modern asset management. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated software developer with quality organizational and communication skills, who finds fulfillment in seeing their applications and workflows implemented and utilized by end users, integration partners and coworkers.
- Design, develop, document, and maintain code to automate and optimize the delivery of audio, video, and ancillary media, globally and at petabyte scale
- Develop product specifications with attention to business requirements, system integrations, consistency, and reusability
- Develop behavioral driven development (BDD) test cases and test plans, create the test environment, and conduct unit and system tests for new and/or modified applications and scripts
- Regularly Code Review team members' work and Pair Program where prudent, ensuring proper design, testability, and usability
- Research and review new software, cloud services and other third-party technologies
- Evaluate new technologies against competitors and validate the usability of said technologies
- Participate in Proof-of-Concept projects to achieve business objectives and goals
- Evangelize modern best practices around code quality, automated testing, and feature flag development
- Maintain a deep understanding of our digital media supply chain and how it interacts with upstream and downstream dependencies (people, processes, and systems)
- Work closely with other application developers, in a scaled-agile environment, to deliver creative solutions to complex technology challenges and business requirements
- Recommend and implement technical solutions, often to other development teams, in support of production application requirements
- Ensure infrastructure standards and best practices are followed
- Work with Operations and Engineering teams to deploy new software and support existing installations
- Work closely with other system administrators, application developers and production personnel to gain a thorough understanding of the architecture of the system being supported
- Serve as an escalation point for issues unresolved by Tier 1 and 2 support teams
- Contribute to cross-functional troubleshooting of complex issues, as needed
- 5+ years of experience in web application development or software engineering in a fast-paced environment using modern frameworks and platforms (e.g., Serverless, Node, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka)
- Demonstrate considerable experience working with relational databases, NoSQL data stores and event streaming platforms
- Expertise with the full lifecycle of application development, including best practices of unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc.
- Experience with cloud providers like Amazon Web Services
- Backend experience writing APIs and microservices; firm understanding of RESTful web services
- Frontend experience developing in to others’ back-end stacks
- Have excellent communication skills with strong personal integrity and the ability to work with diverse cultures and personalities and earn respect at all levels of the organization
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies. Can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution について:
Disney Media&Entertainment Distribution (DMED)は、国際的な事業部門とさまざまな消費者向けストリーミングサービスで構成されており、テクノロジー、メディア配信、広告販売を単一の事業セグメントに統括し、世界中の消費者一人ひとりに応じたエンターテインメント体験を創出・配信しています。
The Walt Disney Company について:
The Walt Disney Companyおよびその子会社・関連会社は、メディア・ネットワーク、パーク＆リゾート、スタジオ・エンターテイメント、コンシューマ・プロダクツ、インタラクティブ・メディア事業を扱う、多角化したファミリー向けエンターテイメントとメディアのグローバルカンパニーです。1920年代に小さなアニメーション・スタジオとしてスタートしたディズニーは、今日のエンターテイメント業界において世界中の人々に愛される存在となりました。今後もお客様一人ひとりに最上のストーリーと体験を提供できるような作品作りを継承し、40カ国以上で従業員とキャストメンバーが一丸となり、ディズニーエンターテイメント体験を創出していきます。
このポジションは Disney Streaming Technology LLC という事業部門の一つである Disney Media & Entertainment Distributionでのお仕事です。
Disney Streaming Technology LLC は雇用において均等な機会を提供しています。人種、肌の色、宗教、性別、国籍、性的指向、性自認、障害、又は保護を受けている退役軍人であるという立場に関わらず、応募者を選考します。Disneyは、企業が成長し、革新を生み、最高のストーリーを創出し、急速に変化する世界に対応できるよう、あらゆる人のアイデアや決定を尊重する企業文化を育みます。